No products in the cart.
Worldwide Insured Shipping / Certified Authentic / 7 Day Inspection Period / 30 Day Warranty
Founded in 1755 by independent watchmaker Jean-Marc Vacheron, the Constantin in V&C came aboard in 1819 when Vacheron needed a partner to take the company global. The company earned a name as an innovator from early on. V&C can take credit for the first ever watch complication in 1770 as well as the first engine turned dial in 1779, both highly technical processes at the time. Vacheron has become a tremendous value in high end vintage watches. Many don’t realize that between the 1940’s up through the 60’s Vacheron had a policy of producing no more than 24 examples of a watch in a particular configuration. If the dial was changed they would then only produce 24 more. While Rolex and Patek occupy the headlines, quality vintage examples of the brand have been gaining momentum. In 2016 a Chronomètre Royal reference 4907 from 1954 in white gold hammered at $134,000 US at Phillips May 16th The Geneva Watch Auction: Three.
In November 2012 a similar reference 6399 hammered at $5,522. This auction did not include the box.
A rare gents Vacheron & Constantin reference 6399 with 18KT yellow gold triple stepped case, signed gold buckle and box. The case is full and thick with well defined edges. Factory finished silver dial with radial brush pattern displays some minor aging as seen in the photos. Applied Maltese Cross in gold, applied gold cross machined hour markers. Original gold baton hour and minute hands. Subsidiary seconds.
The original engine powering this watch, a hand winding V&C caliber 1001 with 18 rubis, is in excellent condition and fully functional. It beats at 18,800 vibrations per hour, has been adjusted to (5) five positions and bears the prestigious Poinçon de Genève.
At the end of the strap is an authentic V&C signed Maltese Cross buckle in 18KT pink gold.
This vintage Vacheron 6399 is delivered in the pictured authentic V&C vintage presentation box
- Triple stepped case in 18kt yellow gold.
- 33mm (excluding crown) / 18mm (between lugs)
- Original unsigned crown.
- Original plexi crystal.
- Case number: 371130
- Reference number: 6399
- Original high grade Vacheron caliber 1001 with chronometer certification.
- Rhodium plated, 18 jewels, adjusted in five (5) positions, stamped with the Geneva Seal.
- Serial number: 640784
- Original untouched radially brushed silver “sunburst” dial with applied solid gold hour markers. Shows minor aging.
- Applied Maltese Cross.
- Original gold hands.
- Signed: Vacheron & Constantin, Geneve, Swiss
- The Vacheron 6399 watch on a modern authentic crocodile leather strap and authentic signed Vacheron & Constantin 18kt pink gold buckle.
- Authentic vintage Vacheron & Constantin watch box.
- Stetz & Co. certificate of authenticity.
VACHERON & CONSTANTIN
V&C CALIBER 1001
33MM EXCLUDING CROWN
18KT YELLOW GOLD
BLACK LEATHER STRAP WITH AUTHENTIC V&C SIGNED BUCKLE IN 18KT PINK GOLD.